What chakra means?
The world of chakra is belonged to the SunsKrit literature in the meaning of “wheel” or “disk”. Let’s imagine seven main energy centres in the body and assume that they look like a wheel. We call each of these wheels a chakra.
About balanced chakras
Have you ever heard about “unblocked chakras” or “balanced chakras”? Basically, if one of the chakras not being open, the energy in your physical body couldn’t flow freely. So, physical body, mind, and spirit will lose their adaption between each others. Now you can understand the important role of chakras for keeping your body and spirit healthy.
Where are seven chakras located?
1. The Root Chakra
- The support chakra (Base chakra – Muladhara – Root chakra) is the entrance of prana or vital energy.
- The spectrum color of this chakra is red, which is a sign of life, strength and physical strength.
- This color has a good effect on anemia and nutritional deficiencies and has strengthening and healing vibrations.
- Area: between the anus and the genitals (seating)
- Related glands: adrenal glands (which produce adrenaline)
- Color: bright red
- Aroma: Cedar Tree – Clove Tree
- Related organs: Bones, teeth, nails, feet, intestines, anus, prostate.
- Shape: Four feathers Lotus
Impacts: Security, Survival, Faith, Communication, Money, Home. Ability to build and be present in time and place. This chakra also reflects the mother’s relationship with the person and is related to the person’s feeling of being on earth. The stresses that are controlled in the body by this chakra are shown in the parts that are related to this chakra.
2. The Sacral Chakra
- The sacral chakra or center of the kidney – Sacral chakra – Swadhisthana is located in the lower abdomen.
- The color spectrum of this chakra is orange and this color is a sign of energy.
- This color balances communication power, anger repulsion and self-control, and regulates digestive and circulatory issues.
- Area: The end of the spine 1 to 12 inches below the external bone
- Related glands: prostate, gonads
- Color: Orange
- Perfume: sandalwood
- Task: Reproduction
- Dependent organ: kidneys, bladder, body fluids, reproductive organs
- Shape: Six feathers Lotus
Impacts: This chakra is related to part of the awareness of food and sex.
This chakra is related to the inside and what the body needs and what pleases it. A person’s ability to have children is also related to this chakra. This chakra is also associated with a person’s feelings and emotional desires.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Solar plexus chakra (Manipura / Nabhi) with yellow and golden yellow color spectrum, which is a sign of intellect, intelligence and mentality.
This chakra is located above the navel.
- Yellow has a positive effect on the liver, spleen, gallbladder and nerves, and has therapeutic power for diabetes and constipation, and controls obesity.
- Area: In the back and along the spine in front of the navel, behind the abdomen
- Related glands: Pancreas
- Color: yellow – gold
- Perfume: lavender
- Task: Existential structure
- Dependent organs: abdomen, stomach, liver, spleen, gastrointestinal tract, bile, autonomic nervous system
- Shape: Ten feathers Lotus
- Mind and mental activities are also attached to this chakra.
- The solar plexus chakra is also associated with a part of existence called the personality or self.
Impacts: The part of consciousness that depends on this chakra includes the feeling of power, control and freedom of existence.
4. The Heart Chakra
- Heart chakra or divine love – Ana hata (Heart chakra – Anahata) which is located in the middle of the chest and above the heart. The spectrum color of this chakra is green.
- Area: behind and between the shoulders and above the heart
- Related glands: thymus
- Color: green
- Duty: Pure love
- Related organs: heart, chest, skin, blood circulation, abdominal cavity
- Shape: Twelve feathers
Impacts: Feeling of love and connection with people close to the heart (eg: mother, father, siblings, spouse and children). Difficulty breathing or lungs indicate tension in the heart chakra.
5. The Throat Chakra
- Throat chakra (Vishuddha – Vishuddhi) located on the throat. The color spectrum of this blue chakra is a symbol of immortality, sincerity and inspiration. This color is effective in diseases of the throat and nervous disorders.
- Area: Down and behind the cervical vertebra, between the throat and larynx
- Related glands: thyroid
- Color: light blue
- Perfume: rose
- Task: to express, to be
- Dependent organ: Controls the neck, throat, jaw and arms and is connected to the brachial or cervical nerves.
- Shape: Sixteen feathers Lotus
Impacts: Indicates expression and reception.
6. The Third Eye Chakra
- Third Eye chakra or Ajna – Brow chakra – Ajna – third eye – Bindu which is located on the forehead and slightly higher between the two eyes.
- The color spectrum of this chakra is indigo blue. This color opens the third eye – external and internal vision.
- This color is useful for calming and treating mental illnesses.
- Indigo color raises awareness and is useful for reviving forgotten memories.
- Area: Between two eyebrows, one finger wide above the bridge of the nose and in front of the head
- Related glands: Pituitary gland
- Color: indigo blue
- Task: Ontology
- Dependent organ: face, eyes, ears, nose
- Shape: Double feather Lotus (96 feathers)
Impact: This chakra is related to the innermost part of human existence (according to the ancient Westerners it is related to the unconscious) which is called the soul and also spirituality.
7. The crown Chakra
- The upper chakra or crown of the head or Sahasrara (Crown chakra – Sahasrara) which is located in the middle of the upper part of the head. The spectrum color of this chakra is purple.
- This color is suitable for mental illnesses and regulates sleep.
- Area: The crown is located in the middle of the head and brain.
- Related glands: pineal and mucous
- Feeling: frustration, lack of dominance and anxiety
- Task: Absolute existence
- Dependent organ: Brain, cerebellum
- Shape: Thousand thousand feathers lotus
impact: This chakra is related to the feeling of oneness and separation and shows our connection with the earth as well as with our parents. The seventh chakra represents the relationship with the parents, which shows our relationship with power and also ultimately our relationship with God. When one experiences a sense of separation from parents, one closes this chakra and experiences a sense of loneliness and isolation. It is as if it is in a shell and can not communicate with its surroundings.